Overlooking Herndon’s original Town Green, Adams-Green Funeral Home holds a prominent place in Herndon’s history. Thomas Edgar Reed founded the town’s first funeral home in 1885. His son, Ed Reed, took over the business operations in 1919 and built the current building in 1920. J. Berkeley Green bought the business in 1954 and expanded the building to include a chapel and a full second floor. The current owners are updating and expanding the building, focusing on enhancing the charm and home like atmosphere of the property that has existed throughout the years.
Among the property’s distinctive attributes are its front porch, a formal chapel capable of seating 125 people, modern audio and video equipment for displaying slide shows and many historic photographs of the surrounding community.
The Funeral Home has been a pillar of the Herndon community for more than a century and Adams-Green Funeral Home recognizes its responsibility
in giving back to the community. Adams-Green Funeral Home supports Herndon High School programs and graduations, and gives an annual college scholarship to a graduating senior, and contributes to the Fairfax County 4-H Fair. Other organizations that Adams-Green Funeral Home is fortunate to work with are: Loudoun County Senior Center, Loudoun Caregivers, The Herndon Rotary Club, Sunrise Assisted Living, Tall Oaks Senior Community, Hospice, Capital Caring, Muscular Dystrophy, The Harbor House of Herndon, Herndon Optimist Baseball, Foundation Fighting Blindness, Reston Raiders Ice Hockey, Herndon Swim League and Herndon High School Band Booster and Sports Booster.