Visitation at Funeral Home
Mass of Christian Burial
Final Resting Place
Obituary of Philippe Laffitte-Smith
Philippe Michael Robert Laffitte-Smith was born January 22, 1986 in Fairfax, VA to Michael Smith and Brigitte Laffitte-Smith. Philippe was called home to the Lord on June 1, 2018 while surrounded by his family in Arlington, Virginia. He is now reunited in eternal life with his beloved father, Michael; his grand-parents Papi & Mamie and Jacko & Momoo; and, his cousin Christopher. His joy, love and spirit will live on in his loving and devoted daughter, Samantha. He is survived by; his mother, Brigitte Laffitte; step-father, Jack Winters; brothers, Guillaume Laffitte-Smith and Adrien Laffitte-Smith; sister-in-law, Jennifer Foskey; aunts, Claudine Laffitte, Mary Ellen Groff, Terry Gascoigne, and Maureen “Mo” Smith; uncles, Roger Laffitte, Kevin Smith, and Greg Smith; cousins Renaud Laffitte, Robin Laffitte, Sara Groff, Mark Groff, and Molly Gascoigne; and, his niece, Arielle.
The family will receive friends from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at Adams-Green Funeral Home, 721 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20170. A Funeral Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, located at 37730 St. Francis Ct., Purcellville, VA 20132 at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 21, 2018.
Following the Mass of Christian Burial, Philippe will be laid to rest at his final resting place at St. John The Apostle Cemetery, located at 101 Oakcrest Manor Drive NE, Leesburg, VA 20176.
We invite you to join us immediately following the internment at Lightfoot Restaurant located at 11 North King Street, Leesburg, VA 20176 from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. for a Celebration of Life for Philippe. Parking at Lightfoot Restaurant is limited. Please be aware that there is additional parking located in a garage nearby. Philippe’s family looks forward to sharing stories, love, and laughter with you all.
Step by Step Instructions to Make a Donation to Samantha Kirkham’s Virginia 529 College Fund
In lieu of flowers, you may make a donation in Philippe’s honor to benefit his daughter, Samantha Grace Kirkham’s long-term education by making a donation to her VA 529 College Fund. Following Philippe’s untimely passing, Philippe’s brother, Guillaume, set up Samantha’s 529 College Fund, in order to help her achieve a long-term goal of helping Samantha graduate from college when the time comes. Any and all donations are appreciated, and will go solely to benefit Samantha’s educational achievement.
First and foremost, I’d like to thank you for considering making a donation in Philippe’s honor, to benefit Samantha’s higher education goals. I know that Philippe would be eternally grateful for your donation. On his behalf, I sincerely thank you.
I tried to make the instructions for making a donation as simple and easy as possible. There are ten steps, and you will need to create a log-in to the VA 529 website. I’m sorry for the multiple steps; however, I hope this level of security helps legitimize the donation that you’re making to Samantha.
- Click on the following link: https://myaccount.virginia529.com/pls/prod/twpkwbis.P_wwwlogin?startpage=GIFT&key1=3RV4TZT
- Create a new web account on the VA 529 website. Click on “Create New Login.”
- Fill in your personal information. Only first name, last name, and email are required. Click “Continue.”
- After completing Step 3, check your email. You will receive an email from the Virginia529 website with a verification code. Enter this verification code in the open box. Click “Continue.”
- Enter your address and zip code. Click “Continue.”
- Create your personal login ID and password. These are your choice. I used my email address. Click “Submit.”
- If you clicked on the link in Step #1 above, you will be automatically taken to a webpage with Samantha Kirkham (“Samantha K.”). Samantha’s Gift ID is 3RV4TZT. Check the box. Click on “Continue.”
- Enter your bank account information as directed by the prompt. You will need to know your bank’s name, your bank’s routing number, and your bank account number for the account that you will be making the debit for the donation from. Select “Account Type” (either Checking or Saving). Click on “Continue.”
- Enter the donation amount you wish to make and enter your personal message for Samantha here. Click “Continue.”
- Enter your email here. Or if you’d like, you can enter Guillaume’s email address here (firstname.lastname@example.org). This will send the notification to Guillaume. Click “Send.”
Your donation is has been made. Thank you again for making a donation on Philippe’s behalf, to benefit Samantha’s long term education goals.